Apr 22, 2011

Ideas from other bloggers.

Here are some cool decorating things I would like to try.
http://www.thriftyandchic.com/2011/04/knock-off-ballard-designs-garden.html
 - Knock off Ballard design mirrors. We have tons of mirrors in our place, but they are so scattered. We have much more light being bounced around, but I think a mirror focal piece like this would be great. I could put it on the wall behind my entry way bench.

My own* idea. I need to get some etching cream and etch a 'Q' backwards to the bottom all my glass casserole dishes. Then I'll etch a 'Q' to our our wine glasses. It will look amazing. I just know it.

http://fullofgreatideas.blogspot.com/2011/04/how-to-upgrade-your-builder-grade.html
 - All the mirrors in our bathrooms are kinda small and ugly or builder grade. I'm wondering if I can either get permission to do this to the master bathroom mirror from the owner** or make it affix to the wall so it can come down with no damage to the mirror.

http://absolutelybeautifulthings.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-love-circus-tent-bathrooms.html
 -I also need to do some serious something to the other bathrooms. Paint, chair rails, remove the carpeting(!?!), some serious work needs to happen. I'm thinking a beachy Hawaiian theme for the powder room, since we have 300 sand dollars to work into out home somehow, and the circus theme for upstairs. I'm thinking light blue  or grey and yellow. Only because the shower curtain is blue and the towels and Burt's Bee's stuff is yellow. I'm gonna work with what I've got.

~~
* (and you thought I wouldn't have footnotes!) 'Own' here is used extremely loosely. I think I heard about the casserole dish idea from someone who went to church with my mom. You'll never lose a casserole dish at a church function again. I think the idea originator added her phone number too.
** We are leasing so everything I do must be removable / un-doable  or I have to go through a management company to get owner approval for whatever it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment